Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FINDING JOY IN THE LITTLE THINGS

a funny thing happened to me tonight. i've had the flu for a few days and i'll admit i've been taking medication that makes me a little slower than normal. i decided to go take a hot shower before bed because that usually makes me feel a bit better. i got in, showered, got out, etc. i toweled off and dried my ears with a q-tip. all of this stuff is pretty a standard part of my post-shower routine.

i put my sweatpants, briefs, and t-shirt back on and started walking to my bedroom upstairs. suddenly, i stopped and remembered i had a load of wash that needed to be changed to the dryer. i did that and then i got a glass of water at the kitchen sink and headed back to my room upstairs. it wasn't until i was about halfway up the stairs that it occurred to me that something felt different. it felt like i had something in the left pocket of my sweatpants. i reached down to satisfy my curiosity and realized that i didn't have pockets in these sweatpants! i thought it was strange. then i felt a sense of freedom. serious freedom!

i realized that when i put my briefs and sweatpants back on, i got lazy and, like i had done when i removed them, i went for the the ol' two-fer. the bottom line is that i had somehow managed to get both legs down not only the elastic waist-band of my briefs, but also down one of the leg holes!

needless to say, i felt somewhat foolish.

8 comments:

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

I have to know if this or anything like this has ever happened to anybody else. Please share.

Underwear fail!

drew said...

One time in college I was walking to school having just pulled on the closest pair of pants to my bed in a rush and a block short of campus I stepped on something. It was a pair of underwear that were in the pants from the day before that had worked their way down the leg and were now coming out the bottom. I was pretty glad nobody was around to see my underwear coming out the bottom of my pants. And yes, I did have other underwear on. Magic underwear.

... said...

This one time, I had to throw a pair of underwear away in the restroom of Old Main...second floor. I'll leave it at that.

... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

haha. nice drew. that would be pretty awesome to witness if you were walking behind somebody on the sidewalk. especially so if they were an attractive lady. I'm not too interested in seeing some dudes day-old skivies.

it reminds me of two other quick stories. Once when i was doing laundry at the mount logan laundromat on 9th N and 5th E I ended up with a sexy pair of hot pink girls underwear. I like to pretend that somebody had a crush on me and decided to plant them for me although I'm fairly certain that wasn't the case.

second story... when i went home from college one weekend my mom confronted me about finding a pair of girls underwear in my laundry basket. That was really funny because she was seriously upset and there was no way i had actually ended up with any such thing. I tried to tell her that but of course she just thought I was lying to cover!

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

mandy... i remember that story well. thanks for reminding though. hehe. finals week, right?

Jesse C said...

Wow. That's pretty amazing. I know I have the body for it, but I'm not sure it has happened yet. Hopefully soon.

the mama monster said...

i have many underwear stories, not sharing though... my boys have day old undies in their pants all the time because i guess they put on day old jeans.

MOST RECENT FRIEND BLOGS

THIS IS THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO READS DUSTY BLOG